The new school year is just around the corner, and that means Pooches & Pages will be returning! Kids in grades 1-5 are invited to sign-up for a 15-minute time slot to read to a certified therapy dog. The program takes place the third Saturday of the month from 10:30 a.m.-noon in Little Chute, and registration is now open for September 20, October 18, and November 15. Call 788-7825 to reserve your "Spot!"
Congratulations to all of our summer reading grand prize winners!
- iTunes gift cards--Connor L.
- Board Games--Emily S.
- Badger Sports Park Package--Megan N.
- Target gift card--Paige F.
- Divergent Trilogy--Melanie W.
- Kohl's gift card--Jenna V.
- Barnes & Noble gift card--Amber S.
- iPad mini--Eli G.
- Chocolate & Coffee Bistro gift certificate--Liberty M.
All of the winners have been notified. Thank you to all of our readers who participated in our Spark a Reaction summer reading program. Be sure to keep checking our website and Facebook page for future teen events, and stop in to check out the great teen reads that arrive every month.
Congratulation to all of our summer reading grand prize winners!
1. Science Kits--Ellie D.
2. Dinosaur Laser Pegs--Alex S.
3. LEGO kits--Streeter O.
4. Zoobmobile kit--Mercy T.
5. Robot kits--Nick T.
6. Fun Loom--Caleb M.
7. Wimpy Kid Package--Evelyn V.
8. Princess Package--Olivia V.
9. Games Galore--Connor B.
10. Art Kit--Elora W.
11. Cars Package--Gerrit W.
12. Frozen Package--Evelynn F.
13. Charlie Puppet and Books--Taya H.
14. Water Balloon Set--Ava L.
All winners have been notified. Thank you to everyone who participated in Fizz, Boom, Read! We hope you enjoyed a great summer of science and reading. We had a BLAST!
We are in week eight, our last week, of the Spark a Reaction summer reading program. Friday, August 1, is the last day to turn in any reading logs. We will be drawing for the grand prizes early next week and will post the winners here.
Our final teen program of the summer reading program is on Thursday, July 31 at 1:30 p.m. in Little Chute--Marshmallow Mayhem! Bring your friends for a fun group activity and team-building fun.
We also added in a movie showing of Divergent on Wednesday, August 6, at 1:30 p.m. in Little Chute. Join us for free popcorn and a great movie based on the popular novel. The movie is for teens and adult fans of teen lit.
We hope you have been discovering lots of great reads this summer. Keep on reading and learning!
Where did the summer go?! We are in our last week of our Fizz, Boom, Read summer reading program. The last day to turn in any reading records is Friday, August 1. We will be drawing for all the grand prizes early next week and will post the winners here.
We hope you have been enjoying all the great science shows this summer. Be sure to join us Wednesday, July 30, at 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. at the Little Chute Village Hall for Science Day with Mr. J. Mr. Janssen is a science teacher at Little Chute High School, and he will dazzle you with exploding paint cans, a frozen banana hammer, and other fun science demonstrations.We also have an Elephant and Piggie Party on Friday, August 1, at 10:30 a.m. in Kimberly for all our early reading fans of those two silly friends.
Thanks for reading with us this summer, and we hope to see you sometime this week!
Teens entering grades 6-12, be sure to join the Spark a Reaction summer reading program June 9-August 1. You can earn cool prizes for reading two hours per week, plus you earn grand prize entries for reading, attending a teen program, or answering weeky trivia. Here are the grand prizes to be given out at the end of the program:
- Tuning In--$30 iTunes gift cards
- No Batteries Required—Quelf & 5 Second Rule games
- Fun with Friends--Badger Sports Park Package (6 passes)
- Right on Target--$25 Target Card
- Top Trilogy--Divergent Trilogy
- Stylin’--$25 Kohl’s Card
- Feed the Need to Read--$25 Barnes & Noble Card
- Mini for Me--iPad Mini (16g)
- Indulge Your Taste Buds--$25 Chocolate & Coffee Bistro gift certificate
Teen programs are on Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. Bring your friends for a fun afternoon!
- 6/19 Top Chef--Teen Edition in Little Chute
- 6/26 Cheap Animator with Jason Love in Kimberly
- 7/10 Macrame Bracelets in Kimberly
- 7/17 #ThrowBackThursday in Little Chute
- 7/24 Divergent Party in Kimberly
- 7/31 Marshmallow Mayhem in Little Chute
Stop in to sign up and get your reading record anytime during June. Come discover the great teen reads waiting to spark a reaction in you!
Come join the summer fun at the library! We have weekly prizes from the treasure chest or the book cart, plus kids who check out five or more books earn a grand prize entry. We have fourteen grand prizes to give away at the end of the program:
- Be a Scientist—Slime Lab and Glow-in-the Dark Lab
- Be a Paleontologist—Dinosaur Laser Peg Kit
- LEGO Engineer—2 LEGO kits
- Zoob-mania—Car Zoobmobile Kit
- Mr. Roboto—2 robot kits
- Get Crafty—fun loom, bands, and book
- Big Wimp—Wimpy Kid game and book
- Princess Palooza—3 dolls and book
- Games Galore—three card games
- Be Artsy—pad, pencil, drawing books
- I <3 Cars—Cars art package and movie
- Frozen Fan—movie, CD, and three books
- Chilling with Charlie—dog puppet and 2 books
- Get Soaked—water balloon filler and Tick ‘n Tater
Prizes are on display at the Kimberly Library. Discover great reads to keep your child's brain happy and engaged all summer long. Sign up soon!
It's time to gear up for another great summer reading program for ages 3-grade 5! This year's children's theme is centered around science--Fizz, Boom, Read. Kids earn fun prizes and free books by reading for two hours per week throughout the summer. Registration starts on May 27. The program begins June 9 and runs for eight weeks through August 1. Stop by at either location to sign up and pick up your first card.
We also have many fabulous family shows on Wednesdays at 10:30 & 1:30 p.m. plus Friday activities. Science shows, a bubble artist, live animals, and shark art are just a sample of the great programs designed for family fun and engagement. Be sure to check out the website calendar or pick up a program brochure when you register.
When kids check out five or more books during the program, they will receive a grand prize drawing slip. We have fourteen fabulous grand prizes to give away at the end of the program, including laser pegs, Legos, a Charlie the Ranch Dog puppet, science kits, a fun loom, a Frozen Fan package, and more! Be sure to join the fun this summer and keep your brain engaged with some great reads!
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, the 1972 classic by Judith Viorst, will be coming to theaters in October.
Ever wonder about the hows and whys of reading to young children? This fifteen minute video demonstrates ways to read together and why it is so important. Start smart!