Friends of the Library
Link will be shared the week before the meeting
1. Call to order
2. Secretary’s Report
3. Treasurer's Report
4. Needs of the Library for Vote:
5. Old Business:
- Any updates re: Library split.
- Any COVID-19 re: updates
7. New Business:
- Request from member Trentlage to provide 501c3 filing fee for new Friends of Kimberly Library organization
- Bylaw revisions document FOLKS bylaws 9-2020
This was sent out via email on August 5 and is also attached.
Changes include: name change to "Little Chute Library" and removal of a portion of Section IV. A.
FOLKS · PO Box 373 · Little Chute, WI 54140-0373.
The Friends of the Library are offering three $500.00 scholarships Recipients will be awarded on April 21st, 2020. Qualifications for scholarship require a Friends of the Library Sponsor who has attended attend no less than two Friends of the Library business meetings in the twelve months prior to the March Friends meeting. Either the sponsor or recipient is required to complete 20 hours of verified volunteer service to the libraries. In the spirit of supporting lifelong learning, scholarships must be used for educational purposes however program accreditation is not required. Funds must be requested within 12 months of the award.
The mission of the Friends of the Library, a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization, is to enhance our library's programs, services, and resources through our volunteer efforts and by enlightening our community about what our library has to offer. Funds raised have supported projects & programs, such as:
- Collection development at the library
- Summer Reading Program, Fox Cities Book Festival and other wonderful programming for our community
- AV equipment
- Beautification projects for the library & grounds
Help Us Raise Money for the Library!
There are a variety of ways you can help raise money for the library:
Candy Bar Sales
Purchase a candy bar during your next visit to the library, then buy some to share with family and friends. It's all for a good cause!
Are you an Amazon shopper? Use AmazonSmile and a portion of each purchase you make can be designated to support your favorite nonprofit, like Friends of the Library!
Used Book Sale
Used materials from the library collection or from community donations are available at both locations in our ongoing used book sales. Prices are great - take a look and pick up a great title at a low cost.
Send a monetary donation with PayPal here or in person at either location.
Become a Member
Sign up to become a Friend today! Application forms are available at the library. Membership fees are as follows:
- Individual $5.00 per year
- Family $10.00 per year
- Corporate $50.00 per year
- Lifetime individual or family $100.00 one time fee
Officers for the Friends of the Kimberly-Little Chute Public Library are:
- Tamara Talsma, President
- Kathy Quevillon, Vice President
- Steve Thiry, Secretary
- Aubrey Laux, Treasurer
- Lynn Ann Clausing, Director-at-large
- Peggy Vaubel, Director-at-large
- Jim Moes, Director-at-large